This is a beautiful fresh salad simply dressed with white strawberry balsamic vinegar and olive oil. If you have never tried white balsamic it is really very delicious. My friend Debra gave me a bottle and it is my favourite go to vinegar these days. Debra also sent me this Strawberry balsamic vinegar which amazing too. A few handfuls of spinach, some mushrooms, strawberries, blueberries and some spring onions and you have lunch. Hmmm? maybe add some pistachios or candied pecans or add some orange slices instead of blueberries??
You will need:
- a small bag of baby spinach
- 5-6 beautiful strawberries – sliced
- a handful of blueberries
- 5-6 white button mushrooms
- 1-2 spring onions – sliced finely
- 2 tbsp Strawberry white balsamic vinegar – I used Lucero Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil – I used a fruity Lucero Ascolano Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- salt/pepper to taste
Options: sliced oranges, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, pistachios or candied pecans
Step 1: place spinach in a large bowl. Slice mushrooms, strawberries and spring onions. Add to bowl.
Step 2: make dressing in a small jar or just mix in a bowl and pour over your salad at the last second before serving. This salad waits for no man! You add the oil and vinegar, toss gently with your hands and serve. Finish with salt and pepper and eat right away.
don’t you want to eat that!?
Big Pete and I had a beautiful pizza Margarita and this fresh salad for lunch!