OK! I must admit these were pretty good. They are perfect for a party because they can be made made ahead of time, then just baked until “melty” and delicious!
You will need:
- 5-6 Jalapenos (this recipe can easily be doubled for larger crowds!)
- 2 Spring onions (scallions)
- 1-2 cloves garlic -minced finely
- 1 tbsp your favorite Bar-B-Q sauce
- 2 heaping tbsp of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 3 strips of bacon- cooked well and chopped finely
- 1 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of cheddar or spicy cheese I used a Habanero cheese!
I found this Habanero cheese which has some pretty nice heat but you can use any sharp cheddar or jack cheese you prefer.
Step 1: If you are sensitive use gloves when handling chilies. Slice Jalapenos in half, lengthwise, then clean out seeds and membranes with a spoon. Place on a foil lined baking sheet.
Step 2: cook bacon and then chop info small dice.
Step 3: chop all ingredients finely and place in a bowl. Reserve a few bacon bits for topping.
Step 4: fill mixture in jalapeno boats and top with some breadcrumbs. Bake in a 425 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until peppers are soft and topping is browned.
Finish with a few more bacon bits and serve with a bit of sour cream to cool that heat!!