When you can`t choose between a steak or a great hamburger choose this! This is a perfect combination of beef with blue cheese and horseradish. I have purchased 2 steaks and ground them fresh to create 4 perfect patties. I used 350 grams of sirloin steak and the same of a rib eye. You do need some fat so you can create a juicy burger. I have sauteed some gorgeous Chanterelles mushrooms to top but, you add the toppings of your dreams too make yours perfect!
You will need:
- 350 grams of sirloin steak
- 350 grams of rib eye or something with some fat on it.
- 2 tbsp fresh grated horseradish
- 3 oz of Roquefort or Gorgonzola or your favourite Blue Cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Italian dry seasoning
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- lots of salt and pepper – only used when on the grill
- Chanterelles are sliced & cooked in Olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- more blue crumbles for the top
- Dijon mustard & your favourite toppings
- nice soft buns
Step 1: start with some good quality meat and it should be cold to grind.
Step 2: slice the cold meat and keep the fat. Grate horseradish, chop garlic, crumble some blue cheese.
Step 3: I have a meat grinding attachment on my kitchenaid stand mixer or you can use a hand crank model. I used the largest hole attachment.
Step 4: add your filling and mix gently with your hands. Then grind once more.
Step 5: form into 4 equal patties being gentle not to over work the meat which will cause a tough burger. Let the meat come to room temperature before grilling or pan searing which ever you prefer.
Step 6: cook maybe a few minutes on each side and top as you like.