Oh yes you do want to make these my friend!
I have several versions on this blog but this is definitely my favorite! I ate a version of these growing up at my Best Friend Kim’s house. They are simple to make and quickly cooked on the grill for an anytime meal.
Other recipes with slight variations:
You will need:
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 1 lb of Ground Pork (or you also use lamb or a combination as you like)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic- minced finely
- 1 tsp of ground Paprika (I used half sweet and half spicy)
- 1 small onion gated
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp baking soda
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for forming sausages
Optional: lemon for grilling.
In a large bowl add the combination of meats you like.
On a box grater – grate 1 small onion and add to the bowl with meat.
Mince garlic and add to the bowl along with all other ingredients.
Step 4: Form into sausages using some olive oil on your hands.
Step 5: Once formed place in fridge for 20 minutes to firm up and get your grill hot.
Step 6: Grill rotating often to avoid burning for a few minutes on each side.
Step 7: Serve hot with side salad or in a wrap. Make lots!!