You can make this salsa anytime! It is a simple salsa made with canned fire roasted tomatoes and a few other ingredients. Get out the food processor and in a few minutes you are done!
You will need:
- 1/2 -1 fresh jalapeno pepper (ha- la payn-yo! pepper)
- 1/4 -1/2 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- a handful of fresh cilantro/coriander
- 1/2 tsp canned chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 fresh lime juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste – it needs more salt than you think- so taste!
- 1 8 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- tortilla chips
Step 1: I add the jalapenos, onion, garlic and cilantro to the food processor first. I do chop most things at least a bit before adding it to the machine. Chop.
Step 2: add the salt and chipotles (you can buy them in a can or a jar typically) they are very hot so start with less and add more if you like.
Step 3: add the lime juice, olive oil, and finally the tomatoes. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as necessary. I also like mine with lots of lime.
Serve in a pretty bowl and get the Tequila baby!!