Always fresh and delicious and you can’t believe it’s been so long since you have had this! A simple Greek salad can become the perfect weekday meal with a bit of grilled chicken or salmon.
You will need:
- 1 tsp minced garlic – 1 small clove
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Olive View Estate by Temecula Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- tomatoes – chopped
- English cucumber – chopped
- red onion – slices
- romaine lettuce
- red or green pepper – chopped
- avocado – cubed
- fresh mint and basil – sliced into strips(chiffonade)
- assorted olives
- Greek feta cheese – it really is more superior than domestic
- chicken breast – marinaded in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dry oregano, salt and pepper. Then grill to perfection.
Step 1: gather all your ingredients. Chop into a chunky salad.
I like to keep everything separate until just before serving then I add the dressing and toss. This way everything stays crispy and fresh. If you want to leave this for a hour you can wet a paper towel and just place over all your chopped vegetables and put the bowl in the fridge.
Step 2: in a small jar with a lid add all ingredients for the dressing and shake until you are ready to pour over salad. Any leftover dressing can go in the fridge or you can also drizzle some over your salmon or chicken. I use a mild/medium intense olive oil like this Temecula Olive View Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Mix dressing into salad. I use a bit and then only add more if you need it. Top with feta crumbles and olives.
Serve with warm chicken or salmon.