This is simple sandwich perfect for a lunch or light supper. Get some fresh rolls and make a delicious salsa and you are almost there.
You will need:
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 2 soft rolls
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped fine
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 mango peel and chopped into small dice
- 1 tomato – chopped into finely diced
- 1 ripe avocado – chopped into small dice
- 1/2 jalapeno – seeds removed and chopped very fine
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime – squeezed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Step 1: butterfly open chicken breasts or slice in half to make smaller portions and then pound gently to flatten and make them an even thickness for quick grilling.
Step 2: make sauce in a small bowl by adding Worcestershire, soy, garlic, rice wine vinegar, ginger and honey. Stir and pour over chicken. You can cover and leave in the fridge for an hour or two to marinate.
Step 3: chop mango, tomato, onion and avocado. I slice the avocado into small dice right in the skin then scoop out with a spoon.
Step 4: add jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust if necessary.
Step 5: grill your chicken a few minutes on each side and place chicken and salsa on a fresh soft roll. It is like a teriyaki chicken mixed with a Caribbean salsa.