This is not really a recipe. It is a good way to jazz up some store-bought mixed olives. I like to add some lemon and orange zest, some chili flakes, fresh garlic and often some fresh herbs. Add some good olive oil and you have taken your grocery store olives to the fancy section. You can even warm them for a nice touch!
You will need:
- some olives – I like to mix all kinds
- some good extra virgin olive oil
- lemon zest
- orange zest
- chili flakes
- garlic – 1 clove
- fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme or a bit of dry herbs like Italian seasoning
- a splash of sherry vinegar
- other options: coriander seeds or fennel seeds
Step 1: I like to just add everything into the container and mix. Taste and adjust as you like. Drain out the store-bought brine or oil and add better stuff.
You can store them in the fridge or heat them slightly on low heat in a pan on the stove. Great served as an appetizer or on your favorite antipasti platter.